The <Reference> field describes key bibliographic citations pertaining to the service.
Bibliographic citations may be populated as a block of text in the free-text field or as text in subfields (see below). Citations in the free-text field may be provided in styles used by professional scientific journals such as the American Geophysical Union (AGU), American Psychological Association (APA), or Modern Language Association (MLA).
- <Author> The name of the individual(s) or organization(s) with primary intellectual responsibility for the cited resource's development.
- <Publication Date> The publication/reference date for the cited resource. If the Publication Date is not known, please use "Unknown".
- <Title> The title (name) of the cited resource.
- <Series> The name of a resource series, or aggregate (collection) resource of which the cited resource is a part.
- <Edition> The version of a cited resource.
- <Volume> The order or sequence of a resource in a series or set.
- <Issue> The issue number of a resource (usually within a volume).
- <Report_Number> The unique number or code assigned to a resource by the issuing organization(s).
- <Publication_Place> The name of the city (and state or province and country if needed) where the resource was made available.
- <Publisher> The name of the individual(s) or organization(s) that made the resource available.
- <Pages> The range of pages or total number of pages of a cited resource.
- <ISBN> International Standard Book Number.
- <DOI> Digital Object Identifier.
- <Online_Resource> The URL of the online resource containing the cited resource.
- <Other_Reference_Details>Additional free-text reference information.
Reference with subfields:
<Author>Owen, John B and Alice K. Owen</Author>
<Publication Date>1995</Publication Date>
<Title>A bibliography of fisheries biology in North and South Dakota</Title>
<Author>Downs, R.T., and Heese, P.J.</Author>
<Publication Date>2000</Publication Date>
<Title>Animation of crystal structure variations with pressure, temperature and composition</Title>
<Series>Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry</Series>
<Publisher>Mineralogical Society of America</Publisher>
Reference without subfields:
Crum, T.D., and R.L. Alberty, 1993: The WSR-88D and the WSR-88D Operational Support Facility. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 74,
Crum, T.D., R.L. Alberty, and D.W. Burgess, 1993: Recording,
Archiving, and Using WSR-88D Data. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc.,
Klazura, G.E., and D.A. Imy, 1993: A Description of the Initial
Set of Analysis Products Available from the NEXRAD WSR-88D System.
Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 74, 1293-1311.
Cooper, A.K., 1995, Strides made in understanding Antarctic
stratigraphy and Cenozoic glacial history, Eos Transactions AGU,
March 7, 1995, p.97.