AMSR-E/Aqua L2 Map (JAXA/EOC)Entry ID: ND03005
Abstract: The Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer - Earth Observing System
(AMSR-E) instrument on the NASA EOS Aqua satellite provides global
passive microwave measurements of land, ocean, and atmospheric
parameters for the investigation of global water and energy cycles.
Measurements of ocean parameters improve our understanding of a wide
variety of hydrological and radiative processes, including ... air-sea and
air-ice interactions. AMSR-E ocean products include measurements of
sea surface temperature, near-surface wind speed, and water vapor and
cloud liquid water over the oceans.
1. Level 2 data is displayed by map projection.
2. Output product size is 300*300 pixels, and 1 pixel is set to 10km *
3. The image size is resampled at intervals of 10km.
4. As the method of resampling, an order is performed by nearest
5. The order of map projection is performed by selected from parallel
latitude/longitude (EQR), Mercator (MER), and a Polar stereo (PS).
6. Earth form?ireference ellipsoid) is set to WGS84.
7. The standard latitude in scene logging uses the value of the level
1, and order by selection from standard latitude, scene center, and
specification latitude (5 angles interval).
Data Set Citation
Dataset Originator/Creator: JAXA
Dataset Title: AMSR-E/Aqua L2 Map (JAXA/EOC)
Version: Latest Version
Data Set Progress
Distribution Media: CD-ROM, DAT, 8mm Data Cartridge Tape, Online
Extended Metadata Properties
(Click to view more)
Creation and Review Dates
Last DIF Revision Date: 2017-08-23